[hackerspaces] In defense of Noisebridge (even if I was never there!)

Mark Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 20:36:35 CEST 2014

On 7/3/14, Al Billings <albill at openbuddha.com> wrote:
> No offense, really, but fuck your politics. :-)
>
> Yes, hacking is more than making things. That doesn’t mean that if a space
> doesn’t embrace some anarchist ideology as its primary motivating force, it
> isn’t a hackerspace. I’m here to hack. If I want to feed the homeless, I’ll
> volunteer at a soup kitchen.

Here's a clue, you can't ride an exponential growth curve on a finite
planet forever, but yet all the politicians think that GDP should go
up forever, no.  Growth, without purpose, is cancerous.  Without a
knowledge of the political issues, you're just another opportunist
wanting to "keep the party going" (at the expense of the whole).  The
hackerspace ethos is a major political and economic innovation, so
fuck your ignorance, "brah".

Marcos
I smash dumbasses.