[hackerspaces] Hackerspace drama, oh my!

Mark Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 20:20:24 CEST 2014

>> Al wrote:
>>> and a political, social justice mission. They've gone as far as to
>>> say a space isn't a real hackerspace if it isn't political.
>>
>> Who said that? Maybe they were sarcastically deflecting your rhetoric
>> back at you. Remember all those times you said Sudoroom isn't a real
>> hackerspace?

Come on, if you're in America and forming a legal entity, you can't
get around the political issues of America's history and its current
economic failures.  Only those "drinking the koolaid" don't think
there are major structural, moral, and economic problems - in this
country especially.  So, yes, sudoroom is a bit of a yuppie clubhouse,
not because it's not doing great projects, but because it's entered
the arena of the U.S. commercial sector naively.

Get clue.

Marcos