[hackerspaces] Let's end the unnecessary TROLL [was: let's end the unnecessary joining of the words "food" and "hacking"]

Guyzmo guyzmo+hackerspaces at m0g.net
Wed Jan 29 13:39:12 CET 2014

Hello,

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 07:21:12PM -0800, Kevin Mitnick wrote:
> In some places it's illegal to call yourself an engineer with certain exceptions.

Can you name places where it is illegal to name yourself an engineer?

> As a result, I reserve the right to not permit yourself to label yourself as a hacker.

Oh? Who the hell are you to have the ability to forbid people to choose
how the want to label themselves? Do you want us to call you fűhrer¹?

> I can label you as someone who has an inability to contribute to a conversation
> without any meaningful content.

    You're pretty good at judging others, but for  the  whole discussion
you never had  a  single  meaningful  argument  to  actually  make  it a
constructive discussion.  All  you've  been  doing  is  finding counter-
arguments and bashing what other people do. And there's a word for that:
you're just a bloody troll!‥

Or maybe you call that troll-hacking?

> I am assuming you're responding to my remarks on this mailing list due to the malaise
> you may experience questioning what you have chosen to label yourself?

No, he's just feeding the troll without really being aware of it,
because he got better stuff.

BTW, can troll feeding be considered food-hacking as well?

> Oh. The ego hacking that is being engaged in this thread.

What an argument!
I'm pretty sure that's all you wanted from your first post, and for sure,
good game, kiddo!

> By the way, is engineering "hacking" too? Can I be a geotechnical hacker?
> A chemical hacker? A computer hac... oh wait.

    Really?... And the worst thing is that I'm pretty  sure  some people
on the mailing list thought about,  or  may  be  are  writing  a lengthy
answer to that even bigger troll.

> Kevin Mitnick
> (May or may not be the Kevin you think I am)

    which I hope you're not, because I still naively believe  that Kevin
Mitnick has still better stuff to do than troll-hacking.

    Anyway, I appreciate that mailing list because until  *now*  the SNR
was pretty low, but this thread is changing it.  We're  in  2014  and it
looks like we forgot almost all of the rules of usenet, like those ones:

 - change the subject of the thread in case we're forking from the
   original thread ;
 - reply *after* citation, and remove unnecessary citation ;
 - AND DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

[¹]: Godwin point reached! Can we end the troll, now?

My two cents,

--
Guyzmo,
raised on usenet.