[hackerspaces] Let's end the unnecessary joining of the words "food" and "hacking"

Ben Brown ben at generik.ca
Mon Jan 27 20:14:19 CET 2014

I'd submit that a computer hacker is often defined as a person that
makes a program or process do something outside of it's original
intended purpose. Perhaps a food hacker is a person who can make
sustenance from materials that aren't intended to be used as such.

That person is certainly not me. If I were to consider myself a food
hacker, it's because I'm not very good at cutting vegetables or trimming
meat. Perhaps that means I'm just a food butcherer.

Ben