[hackerspaces] Nullspace Labs in L.A. has to move - needs help

Mark Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 01:08:20 CET 2014

Before you just capitulate, consider making a case whether the land
"owner" has a legitimate right to occupy that land himself.
Ownership, ultimately is a social contract, especially here in America
where most of it was taken by force.  You can get decide to opt-out of
the contract (join #Occupy?) and make your case before the judge why
you can put this resource of America to better use than new commercial
L.A. bullshit.

MarkJ

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Arclight <arclight at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Many of you are probably already familiar with Nullspace Labs in L.A. They
> have a big open electronics lab in downtown Los Angeles. They put on loads
> of free classes and also organize a hacker conference call Layer One.
>
> Nullspace Labs:  http://032.la
> LayerOne:  http://www.layerone.org/
>
> Anyway, the day after Hackaday did a little article on them, the owner of
> their building announced that all of the tenants need to be gone in 30 days,
> as they intend to remodel the building and convert it into some sort of
> upscale retail.
>
> They are looking for the following help:
>
> -People in the Southern California area to bring boxes, help pack, and move
> things (they already have a storage facility being donated for the time
> being)
>
> -Help locating another suitable space near downtown L.A. They would best off
> with 2,000+ square feet, a loading dock or large elevator, and some type of
> legal parking.  If anyone has a lead, please let mmca, charliex or myself
> know.
>
> They are putting together a move-in fund. Setting the place up was mostly
> the result of several angels coming together, and they are probably not in a
> position to do this now.
>
> Everything is difficult and expensive in L.A., and probably more so than it
> was a few year ago, so they've put together a funding drive:
>
> http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/save-nullspace-labs
>
> -If you're going to be on the West Coast of USA, come to one of the
> party/fundraising events in the next month (dates to be announced shortly)
>
> Anyway, everyone hates e-begging and I doubt they would post this on their
> own.
> So help if you can, and no worries if that's not your thing.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Arclight
> 23b shop
> Fullerton, CA