[hackerspaces] Dealing with micromanagement of hackers

Bob Bownes bownes at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 06:26:36 CET 2014

It is a desire for control more than anything else. Roberts Rules (you do follow RR, correct?) has a number of ways to shut this down. Ask him if he is making a motion, if so, call for a vote on the motion and kill it right there. Do that a few times and he will get the point. Or, limit all discussions to 5 minutes,  when he proposes a committee to 'study' something, have the president thank him for the input, continue the discussion, and call for a vote.