[hackerspaces] re-vamping theory page on hackerspaces.org

maxigas maxigas at anargeek.net
Tue Feb 11 16:41:19 CET 2014

From: Mark Janssen <dreamingforward at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [hackerspaces] re-vamping theory page on hackerspaces.org
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 00:20:25 -0600

> Really, the question that remains is: Do you want hackerspaces
> to be forever only clubhouse for (mostly) boys or do you want
> to be the center of a revolution? Because it's not about lack
> of ability, it's whether you're interested.

I want hackerspaces to be the centre of the revolution.  But I also want the theory page on hackerspaces wiki to be about theoretical work on what is going on in/with hackerspaces, rather than about visions, and advocacy of your particular breed of revolution (even if i may agree with you on that vision).

my understanding is that if people want to write theoretical stuff on hackerspaces, they can go to the page and see what work has been done before and what are the theoretical interpretations of hackerspaces in the academic or similar discourses.  this is important especially for researchers who are new to this field.

--
maxigas, kiberpunk
FA00 8129 13E9 2617 C614 0901 7879 63BC 287E D166

"Forget the damned motor car and build the cities for lovers!"