[hackerspaces] Best wishes and join us to celebrate Hardware Freedom Day 2015

Frederic Muller - DFF fred at digitalfreedomfoundation.org
Wed Dec 31 11:10:44 CET 2014

Dear all,

First we would like to send you all our best wishes for the year to
come. 2014 has been a challenging year for our organization as we
decided to venture into new territories. As the new year is approaching
we do not fear and will continue to pursue our goals. :-)

This email is to inform you hackerspaces that Hardware Freedom Day [1]
is around the corner and will be celebrated on January 17th 2015. The
reason for the move was twofold: we had to move our other celebration
Education Freedom Day out of the holiday zone for South America and
other areas where this was a problem, and we wanted to get Hardware
Freedom Day right after Christmas so people who have decided to step
ahead and dive into the wilderness of Open Hardware during the holiday
season can actually find an event within a few weeks of getting their
gifts and create the opportunity to push their passion further.

So for its third edition Hardware Freedom Day hopes to see you
participating and getting more potential members excited. We feel that a
lot of people are discovering open hardware (at least in our area that
is true) and hope that it will bring everyone a lot of new blood.

So all the best for 2015 and for your HFD! If you want to create an
event, just head over to our wiki [2], create an event page then
register by filling out the form [3] to make sure you appear on the
celebration map [4]!

Don't hesitate to send us messages on the HFD mailing list [5] or by
replying to me directly if you have any questions of course.

Happy HFD!

Fred
-----
Digital Freedom Foundation.