[hackerspaces] hackerspaces and depression

Mark Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 20:28:17 CET 2014

Well, I think it's a bit strange that the questions is coming up at
all.  Obviously a hackerspace isn't meant to treat depression.  But,
nonetheless, it has qualities which make for expression of oneself
that isn't being met in our current "economic" system.

However, this also makes it a bit of a "magnet" for those who aren't
accommidated by the dominant paradigm (homeless, mentally ill,
malcontents).  And not many people (hackerspace directors, etc) know
how to deal with the influx of outsiders seeking relief or integrate
them.

...not-always-a-panacea-yours,

Marxos