[hackerspaces] Hackerspaces survey on Free/Libre Open Source Software

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 6 16:26:22 CEST 2014

Hello Fellow Hackers,
I recently moved to Kansas and found hackerspaces that are not really what
I would have expected from my experience with hackerspaces in Europe
(cbase, matrax and others) .  I find much less FLOSS and very little
knowledge or awareness of any of the issues that I feel are important.

Of course I don't want to dictate or tell people what to do, and I see
hackerspaces and people as totally independent.

But what I would like to see is some guidelines or criteria for a FLOSS
supporting hackerspace, something that is supported by many people. Ideally
we can come up with a set of guiding principles that hackerspaces can
freely adopt and identify with that will tell people that they support
software freedom. If enough hackerspaces do this it would be attractive to
new and budding hackerspaces as voluntary self identification.

So I made a short survey to get peoples opinion on this :
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9WYC6SY

Thanks to  wannabe1987, gmc, Wil5on, Otter on irc for debugging this and
providing constructive feedback

Also I wanted to say that I am starting a free software association for
Kansas http://flosokaks.thefr33.com/ and looking for support.

thanks,
mike