[hackerspaces] Failing/failed hackerspaces

Colin Keigher general at keyboardcowboy.ca
Fri Apr 4 23:43:25 CEST 2014

Noisebridge is a success in the sense that if you think of a hackerspace
in the Americas, you likely end up thinking of them.

Noisebridge is a failure in the sense that all of the original members
have long since departed off to other projects due to the organisation's
inability to adapt to growth, changes, and control. As a result, we have
a hackerspace that is the butt of all jokes but at the same is quite
popular.

So maybe Noisebridge is a success, just not as a hackerspace.