[hackerspaces] Curiosity...where is a cheap place to order t-shirts

William Macfarlane wmacfarl at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 01:00:55 CEST 2013

++on local t-shirt printing -- it's something where, on small-scale, you
really aren't going to get better pricing on the internet.  The printers
are getting better bulk discounts on the t-shirts then you are likely to
get from an internet printing service since they're buying lots more.

Also the people who run little screen printing businesses tend to be pretty
cool and fun to get to know.

We screen-print our own, though, mostly.  It's easy, and fun, and when
someone asks if they can get a t-shirt it's fun to have them print it
themselves.

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Joshua Pritt <ramgarden at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have an artist mall type place in an old mill.  There's a t-shirt
> printing place in there.  We were able to save a lot by not paying for
> shipping since we just walked in and picked them up.
> It would be worth your time to find a local place.
> On Oct 20, 2013 6:31 AM, "hadez" <hadez.hso at nrrd.de> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 8:40 AM, john lunger <justj1915 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> > Anyone know of a cheap place to order t-shirts?
>>
>> we found a local screen printing company that's actually a rehab
>> location for recovering drug addicts.
>> they have competitive prices, good service, high quality and the warm
>> and fuzzy feeling ;)
>>
>> regarding the shirts itself we found that going really "cheap" will
>> leave you with crappy and thin wares that you wash once and throw
>> away.
>> but what worked for us is finding a company that just sells plain
>> clothing at a good price, buy those and have them printed.
>> you might have something similar where you live, so check it out.
>> the printing company might be able to recommend a clothing supplier, too.
>> --
>> hadez

-Will
www.partsandcrafts.org