[hackerspaces] food&beverage and bio hacking at 30c3 in Hamburg

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 18 15:18:23 CEST 2013

Hi to all,
Again the CCC event in Hamburg at the end of this December is getting closer

http://events.ccc.de/category/30c3/

and Food Hacking Base (fhb) will be there

https://foodhackingbase.org/  (just starting to build up our new wiki)

If you are in to the food, beverage or bio hacking or just want to find out what is it about, get in touch, sooner better or pop in at the event. We are open group and each event where we get together looks bit different based on who gets involved. Last event at which we have participated was OHM 2013, here is what we have been up to

https://ohm2013.org/wiki/Village:Food_Hacking_Base

Summarized - we try to provide infrastructure and "atmosphere" for people interested in the fields mentioned above to come together, experiment, hack and socialize. Experimental kitchen, presentation desk and workshop venue are on the to do list again, however for the first time on the indoor event we plan to build the appropriate infrustructures, so lets be honest we need to plan in advance and we need to plan well, to build fine indoor experimental kitchen etc. is not a piece of cake. If there is enough interest and support there are thous in our midst who would like to set a bio-lab, we will see about that, I personally think it would be really good thing to do. Budget should be partly covered by crowd sourcing campaign, donations during the event and we will see what else we can get our hands on :-) Very rough estimation would be for 2000-4000 EU for the event (as at OHM), planning again to end up with 500-1000 EU spare for the next event (currently
 having 600 EU on the budget).I would like to coordinate the project as I did on the previous events.

So if you are interested please do get in touch by our mailing list (our directly with me if you prefer)and lets do something cool together

for the rest see you  there.

In a happy expectation of 30c3!

Sincerely for FHB from Jeju island,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck