[hackerspaces] Is making alliances with education institutions good for a hacekrspace?

john lunger justj1915 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 16 23:43:12 CEST 2013

I think it is great when individuals from these places come down and utilize the space but it is another thing if the institutions take over and run the show. Can they make their own hackerspace up at their school?

Out of curiosity how is hackerspaces education different than institutional education? I see the main difference is peer mentorship and definitely more hands on and individualized.

Carolyn