[hackerspaces] Is making alliances with education institutions good for a hacekrspace?

Florencia Edwards floev22 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 19:52:26 CEST 2013

I wanted to ask you what you guys think about this. At our hackerspace
people who manage it are trying to make some strategic alliances with
universities, schools, culture centers... But I think it's not good. A
hackerspace is an alternative to this institutions and methods of
education. Making an alliance only makes this institutions try to use the
hackerspace their way (they have more power), trying to preasure us to
adapt to their methods of education, what their students need, special
workshops... I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong, . I love everyone to know about
a makerspace or hackerspace and to come here to explore, but this
institutions have a way of imposing or forcing things...

Do any of you have experience with school or collages, are they good? Can
you give me some advice?

Cheers all