[hackerspaces] (no subject)

john lunger justj1915 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 10 21:51:03 CEST 2013

I would also be so interested in the algorithm as well.

Carolyn Lunger
Hayhackers

On Thursday, October 10, 2013 12:31 PM, "shirley at velochicdesign.com" <shirley at velochicdesign.com> wrote:

Good morning everyone,

List newbie here, part of a group getting a makerspace up and going in
Birmingham, AL.

Am wondering if any knows of or of anyone developing an algorithm or
equation to predict a membership size range based on city or metro area
population (or other factors)? Or from experience, has developed some
simple rules of thumb? I'm writing our business plan and want, if at all
possible to know if our predicted membership numbers that we're aiming for
are realistic. (currently a business school iS student - who cheerully
obsesses about such things)

I'm prepared to slog through the current list on hackerspaces.org and do
the analysis, but being lazy, wanted to see if anyone else had done it
first. :)

For context, B'ham AL is a spread out smear of a city, pop. 212,000,
within a municipally fractured greater metro area of 1.1 million.

Shirley Hicks
shirley at velochicdesign.com
hickssr at uab.edu
www.redmountainmakers.org