[hackerspaces] Good morning from Alabama & some finance questions

Shirley Hicks shirley at velochicdesign.com
Sun Oct 6 16:54:58 CEST 2013

Good morning all from a list newbie in Birmingham, AL.

I'm one of the at-large board members for the Red Mountain Makers non-profit makerspace which has just rented workshop
and meeting space. I'm writing the business plan for the group to ensure that we have our numbers right and that we have a
five year plan for sustainability. I'm an older IS student about to finish a IS/CS degree at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and
am doing the business plan under the supervision of one of my business school profs and two other members of our group who
have been successful entrepeneurs.

I need to nail down our probably workshop electricity usage in terms of kilowatt hours, so that I can better estimate our
probable first year's electricity costs. Does anyone on the list have numbers they can share? We're looking at two
scenarios, based on a membership of 40 - 45 versus one of  60 - 65. Specific shop tools have not yet been determined,
but if necessary, I can put together a list.

Thanks in advance,

Shirley Hicks
Board member, Red Mountain Makers
shirley at velochicdesign.com