[hackerspaces] How do you fundraise?

Kristin-Leigh Brezinski okrysmastree at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 10:21:10 CET 2013

Relevant:
http://observationdeck.io9.com/help-fund-a-feminist-makerspace-in-seattle-1467872208

Partially I'm posting this for mercenary reasons (to get eyes on
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/launch-seattle-attic), but I'm also
curious:

What kinds of fundraising do you do for your space? How successful have
these efforts been? How DO you fund your space (smaller fees charged to
many members, or a few members who foot a large portion of the bills)? Have
you ever had trouble paying the rent, and how much money do you keep in the
bank?

I guess I'm trying to get an idea of what we should realistically be
expecting. I'm crossing my fingers we get to stretch goals so I can buy the
planer I've been eyeing for our in-utero woodshop, but perhaps that's all
further down the line for us.