[hackerspaces] Wet hackerspace walls, what do you do?

hadez hadez.hso at nrrd.de
Thu Nov 7 16:26:26 CET 2013

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 2:45 PM, riot <riot at c-base.org> wrote:
> Hi there.

ohai,

> I'm sure, someone here has dealed with the problem of very old, wet
> walls. How did you solve that challenge? Is there a good DIY solution or
> would you suggest hiring a contractor?

techniques i've read about involve combinations of forced drying
(dehumidifiers, heating) and injecting some kind of sealant into the
walls under high pressure which should work quite well for
(semi)porous walls.
i suggest you let a professional at least look at it and get a few
quotes so you know what sums you're dealing with and how complicated
the specific case in question is (i'm assuming it's c-base's basement
which could be tricky with the groundwater level and river right next
by).
--
hadez