[hackerspaces] USA Sustainability Projects & Initiatives - Google Drive

Jerry Isdale isdale at gmail.com
Tue May 28 10:52:03 CEST 2013

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ki3u93MyhNCljLKP9ERls5rYruX9PXZsdr4CHH7754o/edit

Sorry but this continues the USA only bit… but these folks are limited by driving so while they might add some cool spots in Canada and Mexico, I won't be able to get them to my rather isolated part of USA.

Some folks I know from Portland area are planning to go walkabout in a miniRV and plan to "spend the next few years traveling around the country meeting amazing people, supporting badass projects, and documenting it for our community. Trailblazing for the win."

They have asked for help...

"We think our network may have more intelligence than we do individually? What amazing people do you think we should meet? What inspiring projects would you like us to put our energy into?

Right now, we are focusing on sustainability and resilience based stuff. We are particularly interested in whole systems infrastructure projects, permaculture, collaborative consumption, makerlabs, other colaboratoris, and hackerspaces."

If you have any suggestions - like your own space or things you know about locally, jump on the doc and share.

Maybe someone will get inspired and do a world wide walkabout… or a few people doing regionals.

Jerry Isdale
http://MauiMakers.com