[hackerspaces] Radio Shack Hackerspace Challenge: $1000 Prize!

Walter van Holst walter at revspace.nl
Sun May 26 09:36:16 CEST 2013

On 2013-05-26 09:26, Yves Quemener wrote:
> "In case of disagreements the jurisdiction of application will be
> <county>
> <state>. "
>
> There.

Depending on the way the applications are going to be judget it might
very well fall within scope of the gambling laws in this particular
jurisdiction (NL) if applications from NL are accepted (again, depending
on how much it was 'aimed' at residents of NL). If so, Radio Shack would
be legally required to get a permit from the Dutch government. So there.
Anyway, you're naively assuming that all jurisdictions work the same and
that getting legal advice on hundreds of jurisdictions is without cost.

> I suspect that the reason for this situation is just conservatism and
> inertia. I would like to be shown wrong.

Consider yourself to be shown so.

Regards,

  Walter