[hackerspaces] Radio Shack Hackerspace Challenge: $1000 Prize!

Yves Quemener quemener.yves at free.fr
Sat May 25 06:19:23 CEST 2013

On 25/05/13 04:57, Randall G. Arnold wrote:
> There is little to nothing that small to medium sized organizations can
> typically do about extending contests beyond borders.  Legal hurdles are
> what they are and not easily surmounted.

Are they? Everyone seems to assume that these are insurmontable but no one
wants to state them. Legalese is often as hackable as code, I am sure that
as soon as someone states the official laws blocking this, we will find a
way to weasel out of it.

I mean, Apple managed to dodge the US fiscal code totally legally, how hard
could it be to make an honest, ethical, international, non-anonymous,
fiscally declared, monetary prize? On this list we have legal non-profits
(and for profits) of various legal status in a variety of jurisdictions
that would be willing to cooperate toward that. We have tools like bitcoin.
Heh, I wouldn't be surprised that some guys from bitcoin-central would read
this list (hey guys! say hi!) which is officially recognized as a BANK in
France.

The tools and goodwill at disposal to solve this problem are numerous, so
why not state them in a way that would allow it to be solved?

Iv