[hackerspaces] Radio Shack Hackerspace Challenge: $1000 Prize!

Yves Quemener quemener.yves at free.fr
Fri May 24 10:21:42 CEST 2013

I see that a lot. Every time I mumble a bit about USA not being the world,
but actually, I would like to know the reasons for that and how it could be
possible to remove these reasons.

Today, it is easy to wire 1000$ to an account about anywhere in the world
from the USA, (minus some extortion percentage by banks). If necessary, it
is possible to ask from a passport scan to check the identity. This is a
bit of a pain, but this would obey most anti-laundering rules I can think of.

What is the legal reason that makes 99% of these challenges are US-only?