[hackerspaces] How to acquire insurance for your space

Gui Cavalcanti gui at artisansasylum.com
Thu May 23 21:35:42 CEST 2013

All,

I've been working with MAKE on creating a gigantic primer about the nuts
and bolts of starting makerspaces, and they just posted the first in the
series here:
http://blog.makezine.com/2013/05/23/making-makerspaces-acquiring-insurance/

The primer deals with how to acquire insurance for your makerspace, a
subject which I know has been talked about on this list several times.
Hopefully, this information helps fledgling groups across the world
(though, unfortunately, the information is somewhat tailored to American
spaces as I have no experience with international insurance).

The Making Makerspaces series will continue over the next few weeks, as
I work through a ton of raw data generated from our Make a Makerspace
conferences on how to effectively plan, build out, and start spaces.
Keep an eye on the MAKE blog if you want to learn more, and let me know
if you have any special topics you'd like to see addressed.

Thanks!

--
Gui Cavalcanti, President
Artisan's Asylum, Inc.