[hackerspaces] Soldering and safety?

Chris Weiss cweiss at gmail.com
Wed May 15 18:04:37 CEST 2013

http://www.sentryair.com/solder%20fume.htm

keep in mind that page is basically an advertisement targeted at
companies with employees that spend hours on end day after day with an
iron in hand.  Terms like "excessive exposure" don't even come into
play with a 2 hours class once a week.  "excessive" would be more like
"shut this guy a room with no ventilation at all".

however, as stated already, a cheap and easy to make "extractor" is
worth the effort, even if only for the convenience of not having smoke
in your face.