[hackerspaces] Soldering and safety?

dosman dosman at packetsniffers.org
Wed May 15 17:52:28 CEST 2013

The smoke is from the rosin core so it's not like it's lead smoke, although that doesn't mean it's not harmful in any way. The fume extractors are just a pleasantry to keep smoke out of your eyes, I highly doubt they have any actual health benefit as they don't have HEPA filters in them. But if they help and make people feel better then there's nothing wrong with them.

-dosman