[hackerspaces] Fundraising for FLOSS non-profit accounting software

Joshua Pritt ramgarden at gmail.com
Thu May 2 18:32:08 CEST 2013

Would it work better if we create a hackerspaces group of software
engineers (aka code monkeys, code poets, and source ninjas) to start up a
sourceforge/github/google/SVN repo project and create our own non-profit
accounting web app?  Or should we all just put in a few hours here and
there from our spaces and do work on this Conservancy project?
I've always wanted to see how large of a software powerhouse we could make
out of all the coders from all the hackerspaces spending just a few minutes
or hours a week on a project.

I imagine just creating a simple task list where each person takes a task
for themselves and divide and conquers it that way.

I dunno, maybe it's not possible but I bet we could tackle almost any
software project with ease, especially something like a non-profit
accounting web app or even just plugins for GNUCash, etc.

DISCUSS!