[hackerspaces] Fundraising for FLOSS non-profit accounting software

Tim Butram atrus6 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 15:20:28 CEST 2013

I don't think that GNUCash has all of the required features that they need.
>From their list I don't think that GNUCash can do:

   - Tracking and reporting of non-profit income types (related business
   income, unrelated business taxable income, donations, etc.)
   - Basic annual audit preparation reporting
   - Ability to easily handle all these features on a project-by-project
   subset of the accounts, and to easily export and excise that subset from
   the system. (i.e., support for temporarily restricted assets, earmarked for
   fiscal-sponsored projects)

Unless these are just features are unknown to me. Either way, they were not
ruling out contributing to some project, so it could end up being that
GNUCash gets some more features.

Tim Butram