[hackerspaces] Discussion on Bitcoins BTC

Ron Bean makerspace at rbean.users.panix.com
Fri Mar 15 16:22:24 CET 2013

>> Bitcoin and then turn that into "real" cash?  What are conversion fees and
>
>What is the problem with staying inside the BitCoin economy?

In our case, basically all of our income is going towards rent on the
space. Convincing our landlords to accept bitcoin would be difficult--
what would *they* spend it on? Mortgage payments? Property taxes?
Insurance on the building? Paychecks for employees?

When we (or they) are rich enough that we can spend money on things that
are available in the Bitcoin economy, we might consider it. Until then,
it's a non-starter for us.