[hackerspaces] hacklabs.org redesign

flawer flawer at shareful.be
Mon Jun 24 13:46:13 CEST 2013

ooo

we are about to heavily redesigning the hacklabs.org site, it was
heavily abandoned.. :p

we have also, finally, created a list for just in inglish:

(i have also requested one for hackmeeting.org or merge that channel
into the hacklabs one, but this issue is still in silence there)

the hacklabs list is for now moderated for giving it some
differentiating value compared to this hss list. we haven't valued
deeply which criteria to follow, one i proposed and wasn't refused so
it's implemented is: for now, gmails are not allowed there as
subscribees (is privative inbox software and not enough poetic giving
content).. while the archive is being public :D

this is an example of something we can do there that could give some
added value to the ha_s things and to the world, for example.

**

i am very happy of all what is being developed here and the reached new
challenges (me am really happy and not just blabla).

there was a historical big bug at hacklabs.org not enabling a english
channel (although noone asked for that implementation there publickly
never anyway.. just me asked for that once some years ago in a informal
way and at a bad moment maybe and was overseen then). Now i did it more
formal, it went through and here we are.

i reckon we deserve the chance of enabling hacklabs.org channel and
then start a debate there where one of the outcomes could be to redirect
the domain to hss.org, or even get there the more corporate way that
here at hss looks to be very complicated issue to activate, or some more
tight social conditions or special hardware requirements for a space 'to
be' a hacklab or else. we'll see. i just expect to have a more
interesting summer!

the experiment now is which complement to this one to be there. there
should never be a flame (i.e. no link to here from there ^_^), comeon,
minimally speaking: hls are a kind of hss!

it is fun, hss forked hls, and now hls is forking hss. iny? ::DD

i am aware of a danger of guettization or rivalness between hss.org
with this hls.org move on, but actually now there is this gheto of hls
being just for spanish hacking places 'mainly'. that made me
uncomfortable enough (i am being living in free of membership fees
iberic hacklabs allthetime for long time already, i care.. and just woke
up, someone had to do it).

i am not comfortable with the idea of hacklabs.org being the what could
be paralelally nice: es.hackerspaces.org: a new blog?, a redirect to the
wiki.hss.org/Spain wiki page? i asked for this bcn.hackerspaces.org long
time ago and was refused here, a redirect of bcn.hackerspaces.net was
allowed i hardly remember. anyway, it is nicer to have a berlin.hss.net
than berlin.hls.org in the first place, but both could be maybe..

more importantly in this point hss&hls point, i am not afraid of
ourselves, we shouldn't be afraid to get deeper in things, we have to
give this technic example of getting productive results through digging
in differences to other type of communities, for they experiencing
happily the benefits on the definings extending like the hackers ("more
advanced people on communications"...) do ::). we have to play with this
machines (domain, meaning, history & future we and some of us want)
because we should like playing for flyin'.

hey, i am tired of i i, my and myself opinions, i just want to move
this forward for easing this neurotized toohard move that this move is
for some people and then i'll move on to other projects such as
superniceproject1.org/makerspaces ...

i didn't feel like sending something more tidy, sometimes happens.

add your tweaks or brand new axiologic rants if this hotted you up.

ps. me staying subscribed here for a short while, there are other ones
from hls list here.. i can't do list lurking, and i have a limit of mail
activity.. see you.