[hackerspaces] Micro Maker Project

steeph ml at steeph.de
Fri Jun 7 17:14:17 CEST 2013

Hello hackers and makers!

I’m steeph from Germany and I would like to introduce a project to you.
At microTEC we produce small parts and microsystems with different
additive production technologies (RMPD) [2]. We do 3D printing with high
precision. Additional to growing plastic only parts it’s also possible
to directly integrate metal/electronic layers (conducting paths, chip
dies) into the printed parts.

We would like to make a part of our production site in Duisburg,
Germany, and our know how and experience in producing micro parts,
available for everybody. The goal is to turn a section of our production
into a fab lab for planning and realizing own projects.

If you happen to speak German, you can watch the recording of a
presentation of the project at the RaumZeitLabor hackerspace [3] from
last month. If you don’t understand German but want to know more, please
see [1] or just ask.

To get the financing part of the project done, we created a crowdfunding
project [1]. The first phase is getting 100 “fans” on Startnext. A “fan”
of the project does not have to become a (paying) supporter. This is
just the start phase, where we still can collect feedback and make
changes to the project and the rewards.

If you are interested, please send us feedback and become a fan.

Regards
steeph

[1] http://www.startnext.de/en/micro-maker
[2] http://microtec-d.com/