[hackerspaces] How to create a steady-state makerspace/hackerspace business model

Al Billings albill at openbuddha.com
Tue Jun 4 20:18:29 CEST 2013

It is to mine because we're trying to figure out how to be sustainable in the long term and actually offer things to folks here in Oakland. We've been here three years and want to be here ten more. That's hard to do when you rely on single individuals until they burn out. You need to make processes and structures that allow for sustainability. Saying, "Some volunteer will always fix a broken machine or pay the $200 we need for a part" is not sustainable.

--
Al Billings
http://www.openbuddha.com