[hackerspaces] How to create a steady-state makerspace/hackerspace business model

charlie wallace charlie at finitemonkeys.com
Tue Jun 4 19:52:18 CEST 2013

Thats how our space runs too. I don't think it really affects things
that differently, people still get burned out or move on, and it
relies on core people and competencies willing to share as well as the
equipment.

I believe It's hard to write a manual for a successful hackerspace
because it varies so much, as with most startup businesses it comes
down to the people involved.  You can build guidelines and share war
stories,ideas, code , cheap places to buy stuff and organise group
buys etc. I think thats more useful than these manuals that keep
popping up, the existing hackerspaces manual seems to cover most of it
anyway.