[hackerspaces] Bucketworks needs help

Arclight arclight at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 07:08:53 CEST 2013

I think we also sometimes have to also deal with people who have
"different" ideas about money. I've found out over the years that "selling
at cost" really means "selling at a loss," as there are always frictional
things like unexpected shipping charges, gas money, etc that make a $10 "at
cost" item really need to sell for at least $12.50 in order for me not to
end up in the hole at the end of it all.

Hacker Spaces are a bit like this, with some portion of the population
often being vocal that "taking in more than the exact amount of the rent is
taking advantage of your friends." Just a question of making the business
model work and being realistic.

Arclight