[hackerspaces] Dear Vancouver Hack Space

Sam Ley sam.ley at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 20:09:26 CEST 2013

Bike Smut (http://www.bikesmut.com/) is a film festival that promotes
positive sex culture and bicycle culture through independently made films.
People film bicycle-themed erotica (pretty much anything you can think of
that could fit that term has been done - seriously), and it is shown at the
festival. Unlike most porn, it is all independently and non-commercially
produced - the only way to see it is to attend a showing. It is quite
explicit, as you can imagine, so wouldn't be appropriate for all spaces.
The showings are hosted by Reverend Phil, who is quite the character, and
usually include contests, games, etc. It is all very lo-fi and reminicient
of the old punk zine days - they sleep in their cars, try to raise enough
money at each showing for gas to the next spot, and tend to prefer
interesting/rugged spaces to host their showings.

The Phoenix Asylum in Boulder, CO has hosted showings for the last several
years - it is always a great time - if you are near their tour zones and
want them to come, email them and see if you can get in the rotation.

-Sam