[hackerspaces] Prism Break Badge

hellekin hellekin at hackerspaces.org
Fri Jul 26 05:52:21 CEST 2013

On 07/25/2013 01:54 PM, Digimer wrote:
> On 25/07/13 12:45, hellekin wrote:
>> https://github.com/nylira/prism-break/issues/158
>>
>> Shortcut: the idea is to create a "prism-break" badge advertising that
>> your hackerspace is willing to help people migrating away from
>> proprietary solutions to free software solutions.
>
> You need something more defined than simply using open source. There
> should be some sort of auditing process and a list of trusted
> applications, open source or otherwise, that people encourage others to
> use.

*** I think you missed the Prism-Break project, as well as a few others:
the SocialSwarm, the GNU/consensus, the FreedomBox...

Anyway, I made a badge, so that people and spaces can use it as they see
fit: http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Template:Prism-Break

I also took the opportunity to create a Badges category in case other
people want to reuse that idea to create badges, e.g. for
"FreeSoftware", "Maker", "Teacher", "Brewer", "Knitter", and other
"Critter"s.

I'm surprised the 9001 badge isn't already there. What are you waiting
for? An embedded Python implementation? :]

==
hk