[hackerspaces] How do you define quorum for your space?

Greg McGuire greg at nesit.org
Sat Jan 19 01:29:43 CET 2013

For membership meetings, this is what my hackerspace requires for a quorum:

The Members present at any properly-noticed meeting shall constitute a quorum.

For board meetings, this is what my hackerspaces requires for a quorum:

uorum constitutes at least 50% of the members of the Board being physically present at the Board meeting. However, if fewer than four members of the Executive Committee are present, a quorum shall not be constituted. Except as otherwise required by law or by these Bylaws, a quorum is required for the Board to transact business, and for any motions to be made and approved, other than a motion to adjourn the meeting until a later date.

A regular or special meeting of the Board may be conducted with the assistance of any means of communication, such as a conference-call mechanism, that allows all Directors participating to simultaneously hear each other during the meeting. A Director participating in a meeting by this means is deemed to be personally present at the meeting.

--
---
Greg McGuire
Email: greg at nesit.org
Office: 203-514-2257
Cell: 860-501-9428
www.nesit.org

This message was sent from Greg's iPhone.