[hackerspaces] How Do You Bring In Women?

Pete Prodoehl raster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 19:55:45 CET 2013

Where are you located? The location of your space is also key... we were
in a old industrial complex one member called "Assault Town" (though we
never experienced any assaults) it was not a place that most women would
feel comfortable going to alone at night. (I know, because I asked one.)

Our new space is in a great part of town, with lots of nearby
businesses, houses, and a vibrant arts community. With all that and the
clean bathrooms, we're hoping we can appeal to more people who didn't
feel comfortable hanging out in a filthy old industrial complex.

Pete