[hackerspaces] Leadership. Was: Re: Women in Makerspaces

webmind webmind at puscii.nl
Thu Jan 17 21:06:30 CET 2013

I agree, or to quote Douglas N. Adams:

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job."

I also like to keep to the following:
If you are not mocking your board-members, you are doing it wrong,
and a good board-member is an invisible one.

That said, I'm quite happy people are doing it at techinc, you have
legal-shizzle to deal with sadly enough.

w.

On 2013-01-17 20:37, Matt Joyce wrote:
> For the record, I hate boards, and leadership in general.  I don't
> see a need for it, and it inevitably fails.
>
> -Matt
>
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Tim Saylor <tim.saylor at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 7:43 AM, Melissa Hall
>> <melissa.hall at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> And I hesitate to talk about such things in "geek space"
>>> without data to backing.
>>

>> You should know that even when people call you out and say you're
>> wrong, other people (like me) are listening and learning, and
>> trying to improve the culture in their communities.
>>
>> -- @tsaylor http://www.timsaylor.com/

GPG-Key: 4096R/FCF154AE 2008-10-19 [expires: 2013-08-29]
Key fingerprint: 0506 976E 2346 53B4 A628  EC33 E23D 16EE FCF1 54AE
Key URL: https://u2m.nl/data/FCF154AE.asc