[hackerspaces] Women in Makerspaces

Pete Prodoehl raster at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 18:30:21 CET 2013

At Milwaukee Makerspace the majority of our members have decided that if
you're interested in making things, you're a potential member. We don't
care as much about your gender, or how you identify, or your ethnicity,
or whatever, as we do about if you'll be a good community member, and if
you want to make awesome things.

We just moved to a new location, and it should be a lot less scary for
first time visitors, and it's in a nicer (residential) neighborhood, and
I'm hoping we see more women show up, because we do have a lot more male
members. Whether women want to weld, or knit, or do woodwork, or
electronics, or screen printing, or use the laser cutter, or build
popsicle stick bridges, we don't care.. as long as there is interest in
a making activity, we'll try to facilitate it.

Pete