[hackerspaces] Firearms in Hackerspaces?

Pavol Luptak wilder at trip.sk
Wed Jan 16 23:13:32 CET 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 03:33:30PM -0500, Michel Gallant wrote:
>    I was addressing Pete's equivocation of guns with other tools. A gun is a
>    tool for ending lives. Why is it insane to be afraid of having that

And also for saving them.

>    dangerous, single-use tool at a hackerspace?

Because bad guys don't ask if they could bring their guns regardless of their
prohibition.

I don't like guns (and hope never need them), but it's just a tool and these
are facts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZB9lN8sO4A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFMUeUErYVg

3D printable gun:

http://defensedistributed.com/

Are we going to ban 3D printers? :)

Anyway, I see a HUGE difference on gun control between European and US hackers.
(most European hackers are for very strict gun control -> I understand their
arguments, but I also understand rational / pro-freedom arguments of
US hackers).

Pavol
[wilder at trip.sk] [http://trip.sk/wilder/] [talker: ttt.sk 5678]