[hackerspaces] Firearms in Hackerspaces?

Pete Prodoehl raster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 21:50:40 CET 2013

I specifically used the word "firearms" because "weapons" can cover many
things, especially in a makerspace.

Many businesses/organizations have signs at their entrance stating that
"guns" (or occasionally "weapons") are not allowed. Some
businesses/organizations do this because they feel it will protect
themselves, or their customers, etc. and I was wondering how this sort
of thing affected hacker/makerspaces, which are unique, and might even
contain all the tools needed to manufacture firearms or other weapons
quite easily.

Pete