[hackerspaces] Firearms in Hackerspaces?

David Powell davepow16 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 21:01:16 CET 2013

Our space is open to the General Public and we have had all types of people
come through our doors including at least one person who told us he
was *diagnosed
with *schizophrenia and who became fairly irate that we were not paying
enough attention to him. We may or may not have one or more members who
carry concealed weapons while at our space because of this reason. Some
members smelt lead and cast their own bullets at our space. We have had the
occasional show and tell as well. Needless to say we don't have a Ban at
our space and never will. However, we also don't condone illegal activities
at our space so if someone were carrying a loaded gun without the proper
permits we would likely correct the situation.