[hackerspaces] [wiki] TechShop

Ben Brown ben at kwartzlab.ca
Wed Jan 9 05:58:01 CET 2013

I have the same sentiment, to me hackerspace and makerspace are
interchangeable. We've describe our space using either term, though when
we're fundraising in the community to buy cool tools, we usually
referred it to a makerspace (to avoid the popular misunderstanding/skip
having to explain the actual origin of 'hacker' every time).

If someone is really that pedantic in regards to separating the two
terms, then they're not making/hacking enough of the things ;)

Ben