[hackerspaces] SpaceAPI usage

Trever Fischer wm161 at wm161.net
Tue Jan 8 15:17:03 CET 2013

On Tue, 2013-01-08 at 15:00 +0100, Aubort Jean-Baptiste wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I use it for MyHackerspace android app, and would prefer not to care
> of the API version that much,
> I count on mandatory fields (still checking for their existence
> though).

FWIW, I am planning on writing a small java library to handle the API
changes and let others re-use the code.

> What kind of backward incompatible changes ?

Mostly shuffling some elements around into other groups, such as
lat/lon/address into the contact group[1], removing the open/closed
icons and fields in lieu of a general purpose status group[2], and
changing the sensor structure[3].

None of these changes have left the discussion stage yet, which is why
I'm asking for feedback.

[1]https://github.com/SpaceApi/SpaceApi/pull/36
[2]https://github.com/SpaceApi/SpaceApi/pull/35
[3]https://github.com/SpaceApi/SpaceApi/pull/34