[hackerspaces] Is this a hackerspace?

Buddy Smith buddy.smith at ieee.org
Wed Jan 2 21:22:14 CET 2013

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 3:19 PM, William Reyor <opticfiber at gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting read on New York Times
>

> http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/06/technology/at-hacker-hostels-living-on-the-cheap-and-dreaming-of-digital-glory.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
>
> its actually a pretty interesting idea. Maybe before just taking down the
> page, you want to reach out to them and ask why they believe they're
> connected to the hacker space movement?

I've emailed the creator of the page and invited him to respond here, or to
me directly.

I don't necessarily think the page should be deleted, but it should be
retemplated as something other than a hackerspace.

If we want things cursorily related to hackerspaces on the wiki, that's
fine. Let's just not call them hackerspaces.

--buddy