[hackerspaces] Makerspaces list

Sam Ley sam.ley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 17:52:38 CET 2013

Stewart - not sure what you are implying - there is no regulation of any
kind on .org vs .com addresses - either can be an evil corporation, a good
corporation, an evil non-profit or a good non-profit (or anything in
between).

While I doubt that makerspaces.com is a group of Holy Saints, I'm also
pretty sure they aren't the devil, and of course they don't "own" anything
about my space, even if I list its information there. For most of us,
getting the word out is currently more important than hiding from every
organization that doesn't have a .org domain name, so I will probably
submit a listing and see what happens. I don't owe them anything, and they
don't owe me anything, but if it drives some interest to our group, and
helps us find people we wouldn't have before, then I'm happy.

-Sam