[hackerspaces] Rent?

asbesto asbesto at freaknet.org
Thu Feb 14 11:35:11 CET 2013

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 10:49:40PM -0500, B F wrote:

> You don't say how much you need to cover the rent.

> > We have 1 (one) euro in our bank account right now. We dunno how
> > we're going to pay the next month :)
> > so, NOTHING works here in the center of Sicilia, the deep south
> > of our poor Italy...

We pay 300 EUR/month for this little 170mq apartment. Also we
have about 30 Eur/month for the ADSL line, and 40 Eur/month for
electricity, and that's all about our fixed expenses. We had a
balance that show how we managed to survive here, restoring
computers, acquiring furnitures and what's needed, with about
6000 Eur/year.

We have only incomes by spontaneous donations and we're
struggling to open our first exibithion to have visitors here,
but it's a slow process because we have no money and so it's
difficult for us to create panels, depliants, and everything
related to a real museum exibithion; we are forced to go slow.
We also need a LOT of work in restoring pieces, in creating a
catalogue/database of all pieces, a catalogue of all books in
our library...and so on...

...and being in Sicilia doesn't help at all :)
It's a real challenge for us!

meanwhile we're working to change this, to get sponsorships,
fundings and projects to let us survive and do the best!

:)

--
[ ::::::::: 73 de IW9HGS : http://freaknet.org/asbesto ::::::::::: ]
[ Freaknet Medialab :: Poetry Hacklab : Dyne.Org :: Radio Cybernet ]