[hackerspaces] Security for glass storefront hackerspaces

Arclight arclight at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 22:30:24 CET 2013

Unless you want to put bars on the windows (i.e. your neighborhood
really sucks) then your options are:

1. Security film - this costs about $25-200 per window, depending on
size. This typically doesn't violate any fire codes. Bars might be a
problem for the fire inspectors.

2. Alarm with glass break sensor

3. Install a fire-rated door inbetween your store front area and the
back. Integrate this with your lock/access control system.

We have option 2 and 3. Our Open Access Control system doubles as a
4-zone alarm system that pages everyone as well as setting off a loud
siren the shop neighbors can hear.

Arclight