[hackerspaces] Show me your workbench!

Sparr sparr0 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 18:45:28 CET 2013

At Freeside Atlanta we built simple 4'x8' tables and benches from 2x3,
2x4, and plywood, with a showerboard top surface. The tables were just
surfaces with legs inset a few inches. The workbenches were the same
design, but taller, and with a shelf added a few inches off the ground
between all the legs. I have, sadly, lost my photos of the
construction, but recreating the plans would be trivial.

The showerboard tops are very nice. They can be pulled off and
replaced when damaged, but are otherwise rather smooth and good to use
as whiteboards beneath projects.